More Americans than ever before are considering moving abroad come retirement. With insufficient retirement funds making a certain standard of living harder and harder in the U.S, more than a third of Americans now consider moving abroad. And more than half a million have already took the plunge, according to the Social Security Administration. Whether it’s healthcare, housing or just day-to-day living, Americans now planning their retirement are looking to make their Social Security go further. And by further, we mean further south of the border.
Playa Del Carmen Real Estate for Retirees
Living in Mexico is inexpensive as a general rule. But when combined with a great exchange rate, expats can expect to live a life of relative luxury compared to what they can afford back home. Recently, expat David Smolyn, 51, spoke to International Living about his life in Mexico with partner Randy Hodgson, 58. The couple currently split their time between Mexico and Toronto.
- Virgin Realty Mexico accepts Bitcoin as payment (3 Benefits) - December 4, 2017
- Cancun to be Strongest Growing City in Americas 2017 - November 30, 2017
- Riviera Maya Offers Most Stylish Getaways in Caribbean - November 21, 2017
- Travel to Mexico for a Unique Destination - November 9, 2017
- Cancun & Riviera Maya Set for New Tourism Record - November 9, 2017